Modern Foreign LAnguages (2qx5)
Modern Foreign Languages (2QX5)
Unfortunately, our Languages ITT programme is now closed for 2023-2024. Recruitment commences in October 2023 for 2024-2025 courses.
Modern Language candidates will be required to train across two languages. The main languages spoken within our Partnership schools are French, Spanish and German.
- Modern Language applicants should hold a degree in the primary language they wish to teach, although consideration will be given to other degrees.
- All candidates should have the ability to teach a second curriculum language, and ideally hold an A level at Grade C or above in that language.
- Native speakers with the ability to speak an additional curriculum language will also be considered.
What we are looking for:
- Applications should be able to conduct their subject interview in both of their selected languages.
- Flexibility, initiative, resilience.
- Be a confident communicator.
- Great Time management skills.
- Be able to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Trainees who are prepared to work hard and be organised.
Whilst not a requirement of the course, it is beneficial to gain some school experience (either as observational days, Teaching Assistant roles, volunteering etc.) to understand the role of a Languages teacher in the classroom.